- Clearstory windows to add extra light without extra cost.
- Outlet for platform lift.
- Remote control on fireplace.
- Gas fireplace in the dining room as an additional heat source for older people who need high ambient temperatures.
- CO2 detectors wherever gas is used.
- Low “E” thermal glass to prevent heat loss.
- Custom dining room table with a patented gate leg design. The dining room table can be expanded to train up to 14 guests or reduced in size to a 2′ width to clear the space for wheelchair users.
- EPA approved wood-burning fireplace as a heat source (raised for easy access).
- Biodegradable wool carpet in the living room.
- Carpet prevents slipping and soft surfaces also prevent injuries when falls occur.
- Carpet also absorbs 70% of the ambient noise in the space to improve hearing.
- Arms well forward on chairs.
- Biodegradable wall texture.
- Wall texture offers traction when leaning on the wall to prevent slip and fall.
- Offset pivot hinge on door to library.
- Insulating shades to save energy. They also improve ambient temperatures for people with reduced circulation.
- High contrast between the seating, floor, and walls.
- High contrast rocker switches.
- Corner guards to prevent damage from the wheelchair.
- Smoke detectors throughout the house.