AIP Professionals

Age in Place Professionals Represent a Variety of Industries

A wide range of professionals serve people who want to age in place from medical to construction to finance.

You see the letters in their titles, i.e.,  CGR,CAPS, SRS, CASSH – but what do they mean when it comes to planning for how to live in your home, your way, for as long as you want? Below is a breakdown.

Click here for tips from the pros for aging in place.

To find AIP professionals in your area use the AIP Business Pages.

AOTSS Abilities Occupational Therapist Services & Seminars Professional design/build or medical professional who has trained with AOTSS. Their participation includes 15-30 hours of direct training plus experience and 3 plus months of participation in the AOTSS Accessibility Consultants Network (ACN). Their knowledge includes specialized assessment of jobsites, home and community environments, accessible guidelines and legislation related to compliance, and accessible design and specialized product solutions to various medical and functional problems, as well as, aging and caregiving needs.
CAASH Certified Active Adult Specialist in Housing Professionals have successfully completed 3 required courses in the Active Adult Professional Development Series and a minimum of 3 years experience in the 50+ housing
CAPS Certified Age in Place Specialist A Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) has been trained in: the unique needs of the older adult population, Aging-in-place home modifications, common remodeling projects and solutions to common barriers.
CBD Certified Bathroom Designer Experience: 7 years 3 years min. full-time residential kitchen/ bath design and; 4 years related experience or formal education Education: 60 hours of NKBA professional development programming.
CEAC Certified Environmental
Access Consultants
The C.E.A.C. is a recognized certification for professionals engaged in environmental access, including but not limited to Independent Living Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Remodeling Contractors and Builders, Interior Designers, Engineers, Rehabilitation Specialists, Case Managers, Public Health Nurses, Assistive Technology Specialists, Life Care Planners, and other professionals creating accessibility or working in the environmental access
CGR Certified Graduate Remodeler Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business management skills as the key to a professional remodeling
CKD Certified Kitchen Designer Experience: 7 years 3 years min. full-time residential kitchen/ bath design and; 4 years related experience or formal education; 60 hours of NKBA professional development programming.
CLTCO Certified Long Term
Care Ombudsman
CPO Certified Professional Organizer Member BCPO® Certification is a voluntary, industry-led effort that benefits the members of the organizing profession, as well as the public. It is a recognition of professionals who have met specific minimum standards, and proven through examination and client interaction that they possess the body of knowledge and experience required for certification. This program recognizes and raises industry standards, practices and ethics. For the public, while the CPO® designation is not an endorsement or recommendation, certification of professional organizers maximizes the value received from the products and services provided by a CPO®.
CR Certified Remodeler NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) Certified Remodelers (CRs)are professional remodelers who provide a full range of remodeling services. To become a CR, candidates must possess skill and knowledge in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas.

CRTS Certified Relocation & Transition Specialists Trained and accredited graduates of the Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists program (CRTS) manage all aspects of 55+ home transitions: from sorting to packing the family home to booking professional movers and estate sale professionals. Industry regulated Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists (CRTS) are educated, insured and have undergone background security checks to protect and provide for clients and their families throughout the home transition process.
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
ECHM Executive Certificate in Home Modification Program USC’s Executive Certificate in Home Modification Program
NASMM National Association of Senior Move Managers Membership; members must directly provide at least four of the core services: Customized Floor Plans, Sorting Services, Move Planning and Move Management Oversight, Packing Services, Un-packing and setting-up new home, Disposal of remaining
OT Occupational Therapist Occupational therapy practitioners can be credentialed at the professional level, as an occupational therapist, or at the technical level, as an occupational therapy assistant. The occupational therapist completes a 5 or 6-year postbaccalaureate occupational therapy degree and the occupational therapy assistant (OTA) completes a 2-year associate degree at one of approximately 280 accredited programs at colleges and universities throughout the United States.
PT Physical Therapist Entrants to this profession need a post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited physical therapy program. All States regulate the practice of physical therapy, which usually requires passing scores on national and State examinations.
SRES Senior Real Estate Specialist The SRES® Designation program trains REALTORS® to profitably and ethically serve the real estate needs of clients age 50+. Includes first year membership in SRES Council and its umbrella of services.