Take a tour of the kitchen in the New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) Universal Design Demonstration Home. Designed by SOSH Architects some of the key universal design features include:
- At least 3’-4” minimum space in kitchen for maneuvering, including enough floor area to use a mobility device at main sink.
- Contrasting color border treatment on counter tops.
- Lever water controls at all plumbing fixtures and faucets can be used with a closed fist or with soapy hands.
- Motorized and manually adjustable counter segments and several different fixed height counter top areas give work options for a variety of tasks to people of all heights, those with back trouble, people who are seated, and/or children.
- Full-extension, pullout drawers, shelves and racks in base cabinets for easy reach to all storage space.
- Pantry storage with easy access pullout and/or adjustable height shelves for easy reaching of otherwise hard-to get items.
For more pictures and info go to: http://www.aipathome.com/showcases/aip-homes-communities/crda-universal-design-demonstration-home/kitchen/